PEBBLES Vol 1- TEST PRESSING SET WITH INCREDIBLE ARCHIVAL MATERIALS- LPAIP
ADD A T SHIRT HERE, FREE SHIPPING! SEE IMAGE BELOW
THIS ONE IS ALL ABOUT THE EXTRAS, KIDS! CHECK THIS OUT. SEE IMAGES FOR DETAILS
HERE'S WHAT YOU GET:
SET IS PACKED IN A HEAVY 13x13 POLY ENVELOPE WITH THE RARE PINK XEROX COVER THAT WAS USED ON THE FIRST MASTERCHARGE PRESSING!
(1) RT1 TEST PRESSING FOR PEBBLES 1 (LAST ONES, THIS WILL NEVER BE REPRESSED, THUS NO MORE TEST PRESSINGS!)
(2) SEALED COPY OF PEBBLES VOL 1
(3) LEGENDARY LETTER FROM LENNY KAYE TO GREG, 1991, ABOUT NUGGETS (COPY FROM OUR FILES)
(4) PEBBLES STICKER
(5) VINTAGE GLOSSY PHOTO OF GREG SHAW
(6) FULL COLOR PEBBLES POSTER
(7) INTERVIEW WITH GREG SHAW , 1999 L.A. WEEKLY , COPY FROM OUR FILES.
(8) ORIGINAL WHO PUT THE BOMP CHECK FROM 1975 SIGNED BY GREG SHAW!
(9) PROMO FLIER FOR BOMP/AIP/PEBBLES CIRCA 80S, COPY FROM OUR FILES.
THESE ARCHIVAL MATERIALS ARE TAKEN FROM THE BOMP FILES, SOON TO BE DONATED TO A MUSEUM. BUT WE WANT TO SHARE SOME OF THEM WITH YOU GUYS! We've tossed in some fun stuff for you.
RARE! Test pressings are the white label copies issued to the record label in advance of the actual pressing , there are normally only 5 of these made. Get a piece of history.
PEBBLES VOL. 1 is now a legitimate anthology of rare and vintage garage rock singles from the style's 1960s heyday. The point of the PEBBLES compilations has always been that they take it as given that the listener is familiar with the best-known works in the style, such as the Count Five's "Psychotic Reaction." So these tracks are filled with the more obscure and often downright unhinged, like the Elastik Band's "Spazz," one of the most incoherent and bizarre singles ever released by a major label, or the Outcasts' apocalyptic study of disaffection, "I'm In Pittsburgh (And It's Raining)." This makes PEBBLES VOL. 1 an excellent second step into the garage rock underground. Charity Stafford