POPPEES- ARCHIVAL SET WITH ORIGINAL 7” FROM 1978, PHOTO, LETTERS, AND MOREBOMP
WITH ITEMS TAKEN FROM THE LEGENDARY BOMP FILES, SOON TO BE DONATED TO A MUSEUM.
SET IS PACKED IN A HEAVY 13x13 POLY ENVELOPE with EXCLUSIVE COVER DESIGNED BY OUR ART TEAM
HERE'S WHAT YOU GET:
(1) SEALED COPY OF THE POPPEES 'POP GOES THE ANTHOLOGY" ALBUM
(2) ORIGINAL PRESSING WITH PIC SLV- BOMP SINGLE - Jealousy/She's Got It", produced by Cyril Jordan of the Flamin' Groovies.
(3) GLOSSY PHOTO OF THE BAND FROM OUR FILES
(4) COPY OF 1975 LETTER FROM THE POPPEES TO GREG SHAW ABOUT WANTING TO BE SIGNED TO BOMP
(5) COPY OF LETTER THAT WAS INCLUDED WITH THEIR DEMO TAPE
(6) COPY OF 1975 ARTICLE FROM CLEVELAND PLAIN DEALER, INTERVIEW WITH GREG MENTIONING THE POPPEES .
(7) BOMP SAVING THE WORLD BUMPER STICKER
This long overdue anthology finally gives this notable and highly underrated band its due, elegantly chronicling the Poppees short but influential role in the history of the New York New Wave scene of the late 70's. While anchored around their two classic Bomp singles, "If She Cries/Love of The Loved" (the latter track produced by Craig Leon of the Ramones fame), and "Jealousy/She's Got It" (produced by Cyril Jordan of the Flamin' Groovies).
"Pop Goes The Anthology" features never before released recordings, including demos, early live recordings, and culminating with a rip-roaring live performance at CBGB.
It is complete with liner notes and unpublished photos.
"After all, what would be more punk at that time than being in the Poppees - a band that emulated the early Beatles, from their moptops to their Cuban heels?" - WFMUFormed in In the mid-'70s in New York by Bob Waxman, Arthur Alexander, Paddy Lorenzo, and Donny Jackrel, later replaced by Jet Harris.
|2||She's Got It|
|3||If She Cries|
|4||Love Of The Loved|
|5||Sad Sad Love|
|6||She's So Bad|
|7||I'll Be Loving You|
|8||I Need Your Love|
|9||Sad Sad Love|
|11||Since I Fell For You|
|12||If She Cries|
|16||Bad To You Good To Me|